Vision and Guiding Principles
Driven by our Catholic and Marianist traditions, the University of Dayton will be known for its resolute commitment to social justice, a high degree of cultural intelligence, intercultural competency, its awareness of different identities and their significance to higher education.
In partnership with members of the UD community and stakeholders beyond our campus, ODI's work will be informed by the following guiding principles.
- We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to the University of Dayton fulfilling its Catholic and Marianist mission and institutional excellence.
- We will provide leadership in achieving a more robust integrated approach to diversity, equity and inclusion that:
- (1) builds on existing efforts across campus;
- (2) operates in a strategic, evidenced-based and data-driven manner; and
- (3) underscores the importance of comprehensive outcomes assessments and strong accountability measures
- We will focus on efforts that innovate and transform institutional culture that result in the sustained celebration of diversity, modeling of inclusion, and achievement of equitable outcomes across multiple identities.
 Adopted from Damon Williams’ Strategic Diversity Leadership Approach, 2013, and Insight Into Diversity’s Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award Criteria, 2017.