俄亥俄州LINK and Interlibrary Loan
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the borrowing of physical materials from 俄亥俄州LINK members has been suspended.
UD students, faculty, and staff can request materials not available or owned by the library from other libraries through two services: OhioLINK and Interlibrary loan (ILLiad). OhioLINK is a consortium of 俄亥俄州’s college and university libraries. ILLiad is a nationwide interlibrary loan network.
- Only students who are currently registered for courses and faculty and staff who are currently employed by the University of Dayton are eligible for interlibrary loan services.
- We will not accept requests for TEXTBOOKS OR COURSE PACK MATERIALS used for classes. Interlibrary Loan cannot be used as a substitute for buying textbooks or other required course materials.
- The Zimmerman 法 Library handles interlibrary loan requests for all law students, faculty and staff at the University of Dayton.
- Materials available from Roesch Library, the Zimmerman 法 Library, 俄亥俄州LINK, or freely available online cannot be requested through ILLiad.
- Rush requests will be considered only in extreme cases. Please remember, there is no guarantee that the holding library will be able to comply. If you require faster service than the ILL office can supply, you should refer to commercial document suppliers.
- 俄亥俄州LINK items that have been requested are held for ten days. If the patron who has requested the item does not pick it up within that time period, the item will be returned to their home institution.
- Patrons should allow a minimum of two weeks for the receipt of materials. Materials to be returned must be returned by the due date indicated. If the patron wishes to renew the material, a request should be made to the interlibrary loan department at least three days before the due date. If the renewal is not granted by the lending library, the material must be returned promptly.
Requests must be submitted using ILLiad. Requests will not be accepted nor processed via telephone, email, or paper. First time users of ILLiad will be prompted with a one-time registration form; required fields are marked with an asterisk. Submit a separate request for each item. Multiple articles from the same journal volume require a separate request for each article. Requests should to contain complete bibliographic information and (if possible) a citation source.
Login to ILLiad
We prefer to accept requests from other libraries through OCLC (our symbol is DAY), but will also accept faxed ALA forms.
- Books and government documents are loaned for a period of thirty days. One renewal is accepted, subject to local needs. Reference books may be loaned at the discretion of a reference librarian and may be subject to restrictions.
- Circulating copies of theses or dissertations are available for loan within the United States and Canada, but may not be reproduced.
- 新闻paper or periodical microfilm reels are available for loan within the United States and Canada for 30 days, with no renewals.
- Periodical articles may be photocopied. There is a $15.00 charge for all photocopies made for anyone who is not part of the reciprocal agreement in OhioLINK, the Southwest 俄亥俄州 Council for Higher Education (SOCHE), or who does not participate in a bilateral reciprocal agreement with the Roesch Library. This $15.00 fee covers any article up to and including 20 pages. Each page over 20 pages will be assessed an additional charge of $.10 per page up to a limit of 30 pages total. For articles in excess of 30 pages, the bound (not unbound issues) journal volume may be loaned at the discretion of the ILL staff within the United States and Canada for 30 days, with no renewals.
- Microfiche may be loaned within the United States and Canada for 30 days, with no renewals. No ultrafiche may be lent. No ERIC microfiche is lent.
- Audio-visual materials may be loaned within the United States and Canada for 30 days, with no renewals, at the discretion of the Interlibrary Loan Specialist.
Requesting libraries assume responsibility for borrowed material, as dictated by the Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States, Section 4.8. OhioLINK libraries will be governed by 俄亥俄州LINK policies.
Distance learners must be current students or staff of the University of Dayton and have a valid ID card in order to borrow ILL materials. A University username and password is also required for off-campus access to ILLiad, the interlibrary loan service. A University username and password can be obtained by contacting the UDit 救命 Desk (937-229-3888).
Users unable to travel to the Roesch Library can receive materials via U.S. mail. Any materials obtained via interlibrary loan must be returned to the Roesch Library Interlibrary Loan Office by the due date specified.
Special arrangements can be made for distance learners who do not visit the main campus regularly. 联系 the ILL office Monday through Friday during regular business hours at 937-229-4900 or ILL@udayton.edu.
Distance learners are strongly encouraged to take full advantage of the OhioLINK program to request materials from OhioLINK colleges and universities. Materials may be requested from the University of Dayton as well as other OhioLINK institutions. The materials can then be picked up and returned to an 俄亥俄州LINK institution closest to the distance learner.